Saffron Crawfish Risotto Recipe
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is About.com Shrimp can be substituted for the crawfish.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pinch saffron or 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- 1⁄2 lb crawfish tail, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook onions in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until soft. Add rice and saffron; stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup broth; cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and 3 cups water, allowing each to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in peas, crawfish, Parmesan cheese, salt, cream, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce. Cook until risotto is thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes.
- If crawfish is unavailable, substitute deveined medium shrimp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION