Rumpledoodles Aka Heffalump Cookies
photo by tracimom2
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2-3 cookie sheets.
- Mix oats, sugar, flour, coconut, raisins, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave in a small bowl.
- Add molasses and boiling water to the butter.
- Pour butter mixture into the flour mixture, stir well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool or eat warm with your favorite Heffalump!
We really liked these at my house. We had a tea party with them. The recipe on the DVD calls for unsalted butter--that's why it calls for as much salt as it does. If you are using salted butter, reduce or eliminate the salt. These dough is crumbly, but bakes together well. They are also pretty sweet so I think I will reduce the sugar next time or maybe use honey instead as that seems more Pooh-ish.
This recipe is correct--you are just witnessing lawyers at work. I suspect there are no eggs in the recipe as in the DVD the people making the cookies say it is okay to lick your fingers while making the cookies. Raw eggs carry the threat of salmonella, so I am guessing that is why they aren't there. I have made these with and without the egg. With an egg results in a more standard product. As for the fact that Lumpy asks for biscuits, that is probably because he is an English heffalump, and in England, these sorts of treats are known as biscuits. Either way you make them, kids love them. You can't go wrong, especially if you whip them up right after they watch the DVD.