Romanian Skirt Steak With Golden Garlic and Fried Parsley
photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- In a saute' pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, saute' the garlic for about 6 minutes or until golden brown and softened.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat until later.
- Remove the stems from the parsley, wash and thoroughly dry the leaves.
- Pour the canola oil into a heavy saucepan or high sided skillet to a depth of about 1 inch. (for a 10 in skillet you will need about 5 cups of oil.
- heat over medium high heat until shimmering hot.
- Using tongs, drop small batches of the parsley into the hot oil and fry for 15 to 20 seconds, or until shriveled and crispy. (any amount of water on the parsley will cause the oil to spatter, so BE CAREFUL!).
- Lift from the hot oil with tongs and drain on paper towles. Season very lightly with salt.
- Preheat the broiler (high setting) and position the rack about 4 inches from the heating element.
- Season the steaks on both sides with the seasoned salt.
- Broil for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. For medium, increase the time to 5 minutes per side.
- Allow the juices to re-distribute in the steak and (if desired) slice steaks thinly against the grain. Each steak will serve 2 people.
- Garnish each plate with 3 garlic cloves and fried parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very good and different way to make steak! I think my favorite part was the garlic, in which I knew my kids wouldn't eat whole cloves so I kind of sliced some cloves into thick slices. They did think the parsley was cool and ate it right up. I don't use seasoning salt so I used a mixture of garlic powder, salt and pepper as I usually do when grilling steak. Very easy and tasty steak that has a lot of flavors to it! Thnaks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a step-mother of one 12 year old boy who will be a teen this summer (07). My family lives in the town my DH and I were born in, population 5000. By day I work in customer service, but in my spare time I am a chef, artist and photographer. Well... I play at those things, anyway. To date my DH and I have lost 75lbs combined on Weight Watchers, so I have joined to pick up some new low fat recipes to add to my collection. My biggest love in life, aside from my human family, are my dogs. I work for a dog rescue org. and love every minute of it. <br /> <br />We adopted Angel from the local Humane Society. Her mom was rescued from an abusive owner while pregnant with Angel's litter. She is a terrier mix and is wild as they come. She is easily the happiest dog I have ever met. She's smart, too. She loves to steal Gizmo's toys and hide them from him. <br /><img src=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/alkite/100_0112.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br />Gizmo was rescued from a breeder by our neighbor's kids. They discovered that Basenjis are a handful, however, and when their work schedules were increased they needed to find him a new home. We have fallen in love with him, in all his haughty ways. He has a great sense of humor and is the oddest dog I have ever owned. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/alkite/100_0037.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br />Participation Awards <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= width=75% /> <br /><img src=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/potscrubber/teambanner1.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt= width=50% /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/cookbookswap.jpg alt= width=50% /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>