Roman Meat Loaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup creamy Italian dressing, bottled
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef round
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons creamy Italian dressing, bottled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl combine beaten eggs, 1/4 cup creamy Italian dressing, bread crumbs, onion, herb seasoning, salt and pepper. Add ground beef, mix well.
- In a 12 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish, pat half the meat mixture to a 9 x 4-inch rectangle. Sprinkle 1/2 cheese and all parsley on top to within 1-inch of all edges.
- Peel and place hard-cooked eggs end to end down the center of the rectangle.
- On wax paper pat remaining meat mixture to a 9 x 4-inch rectangle. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top to within one-inch on all edges, press cheese into meat.
- Invert on top of egg rectangle. Remove wax paper.
- Now shaping meat into a loaf about 10-inches long, seal ends and sides well.
- Make shallow diagonal cuts on top of loaf forming diamond shapes. Bake uncovered in 350 degrees oven for 1 hour.
- For Sauce Topping: Combine remaining 3 tablespoons salad dressing, mustard and sugar, drizzle over the loaf. Bake 15 minutes more or until done. Transfer to serving platter, let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!