Rock Cornish Game Hens in Raspberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Clean birds and pat dry.
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil into a 10- to 12- inch frying pan over medium high heat. Add birds, a few at a time (do not over-crowd), and brown all over, about 5 minutes per bird; add oil as needed.
- Arrange birds, breast up and slightly apart, on a rack in a 12 X 17" roasting pan.
- Roast birds at 375 F oven until breasts are moist in center but not wet-looking (cut into breast just above wing joint to test), 1 hours (internal temp should be 165 degrees).
- Remove birds to a platter; if needed, keep warm in a 150°F oven up to 30 minutes. Reserve roasting juices.
- Make sauce: Add to your frying pan sugar and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Cook over medium high heat until sugar liquefies and turns a golden caramel color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While stirring, add remaining vinegar; simmer, stirring, until caramel dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and quail hen roasting juices; boil, uncovered, until reduce by half, about 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water; stir into sauce. Stir until boiling. Add raspberries, brandy, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over the birds and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!