Roasted Vegetables With Horseradish Dressing
I got this recipe from my sister, but have changed it to suit us. Great as a side dish for beef, lamb, or oven roasted salmon. Good vegan dish too. You can discard the garlic, or squeeze it over the vegetables as we do.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 4 small beetroots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 large potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 small turnips, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 bunch dutch baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 6 tiny onions
- 12 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped,to garnish
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I used lemon and dill)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wrap the beetroot together in foil (like a package) and place in a 190c oven for 20 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients (except the chopped parsley) in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste.
- Place in the oven with the beeroot parcel and cook for 1 hour more, or until tender.
- Cool the vegetables slightly, then peel the beetroot and tiny onions-quarter the beetroot.
- Toss all vegetables together gently, then serve on a platter with the dressing drizzled over, scatter with chopped fresh parsley.
- Good with beef, lamb or oven roasted salmon.
- Combine garlic, horseradish and mustard.
- Gradually whisk in oil and vinegar.
- Season to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Oh, yum! This turned out great. I love roasted veggies already but this sauce really kicked it up a notch. I used all of the roasted garlic in the sauce but left out the olive oil as we are not used to eating that much oil. I don't think that hurt the recipe at all. We just sprayed the veggies with olive oil spray and didn't use any in the sauce but added a bit of water so it would coat all the veggies. The horseradish was not that strong- just enough to give it a little kick. Thanks for posting, I would make it again. Made for the vegetarian/ vegan recipe swap.
Great dish. I don't know if it's just me but I find the effort involved in dealing with fresh beetroot to be not worth the hassle. Unlike, say, fresh asparagus which tastes vastly different from the canned product, I feel that there's so little difference in flavour between fresh & canned whole baby beetroot that I'm not going to have purple fingers again LOL. It IS a fabulous recipe, Jan, & I guess the varieties of vegies could be varied with availability. The dressing is delightful. A great accompaniment to a variety of dishes. Thank you for yet another keeper.