Roasted Vegetables With Feta and Orzo
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I great vegetarian option for a quick dinner! Use any roasted veggies you like!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 zucchini, chopped into large chunks
- 10 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped into large chunks
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped into large chunks
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces feta cheese, diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop vegetables and place in baking sheet. Peel garlic cloves and add (unchopped) to vegetables. Coat with 4 tablespoons olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring large pot of salted water to boil over high heat and add orzo. Cook for approximately 10 minutes (or according to box directions).
- When vegetables are roasted, remove garlic cloves and set aside.
- Drain orzo and cool down slightly under running water. Put orzo in large bowl and add roasted vegetables.
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil and vinegar. Add in roasted garlic cloves and mash with a fork. Whisk again to combine. Set aside. You may not need all of the dressing.
- Add diced feta cheese and chopped parsley to orzo and vegetable mixture. (Feta will melt slightly) Toss to combine and add in balsamic vinagrette. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold. (I prefer warm!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Just a couple adjustments I made. I halved this to 4 servings for 2 of us for lunch, I cut down on the mushrooms to 1 pound, and I used a green pepper. For the two of us it made for a satisying lunch, for 4 servings it was fine for the 2 of us, since this was our lunch by itself. Especially liked the dressing, as it complimented the other ingredients. Nice healthy lunch. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef.Reply