roasted red pepper couscous
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, torn in half
- 1⁄4 cup nicoise olive, pitted
- Place the couscous in a large bowl.
- Bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Pour the water over couscous and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit for 10 min.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and zucchini and cook until lightly browned.(about 5 min)
- Add the zucchini and onion, along with the remaining ingredients to the couscous and mix well.
- Season with aditional salt and freshly ground pepper if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!