Roasted Chicken With Garlic and Onions
photo by Super San Mateo Che
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop one garlic clove in half. Rub both sides all over chicken.
- Coarsely chop onion and remaining garlic cloves and stuff them into chicken cavity.
- Cover the chicken with paprika.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a small amount of water in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Every 30 minutes, baste chicken with its own juices or using some chicken stock.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We no longer live in San Mateo but still close by so we'll keep the name Super San Mateo Chefs. :-) <br> <br>Greetings Recipe Enthusiasts, <br> <br>We are the Super San Mateo Chefs and thanks for checking out our page. We live in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and work at high tech computer companies. We have one darling baby girl. We both love to cook and I love to bake as well. <br> <br>In addition to spending time in the kitchen, we enjoy training for triathlons, hiking, and baby outings. <br> <br>We often host parties for crowds from anywhere from 4 to 50 people. Some of our party themes have been Southwestern, Italian, Dessert & Cocktails, Mom's Brunch, Halloween and others. Our guests usually bring something to add to the mix and a great time is had by all.