Roasted Cheesy Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 (600 g) bag europe's beat first harvest baby potatoes, frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In an 8-inch baking dish, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 425F oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- ROASTED POTATOES WITH SALSA: In a bowl, combine 1 cup mild- medium salsa, 1/3 cup chopped black olives, 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese, 2 chopped green onions and 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley. Drop in spoonfuls over roasted potatoes, and top with 3/4 cup crumbled tortilla chips. Return to oven to cook for 8 minutes, or until top is bubbly.
- ROASTED POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY AND LEMON; Remove roasted potatoes from oven. Toss with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoons dried), and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- TIPS: Potatoes can be roasted, flattened, and cooled three to four hours earlier or covered and refrigerated overnight, Top with selected toppings just before final cooking, adding an extra 8-10 minutes to heat through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.