Roasted Cauliflower Soup With Parmesan Croutons
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sea salt
- olive oil
- flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 loaf sourdough bread, sliced length-wise
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese, finely shaved on a microplane grater
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Coat cauliflower and garlic in olive oil and roast on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes or until a nice golden brown. Turn once or twice to avoid burning.
- Add cauliflower mixture to a pot with chicken stock (or low sodium chicken/vegetable broth if using store bought) and butter and cook for another 20 minutes until very soft.
- In a blender, puree cauliflower and some of cauliflower water and cream in batches until very smooth. You can adjust the amount of water to get your desired thickness.
- When you are through, keep soup warm, while you make the croutons. For the croutons, butter bread, add fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano and pepper and toast in the 425 degree oven.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy at the edges. About 7 minutes.
- Cut into bite sized chunks and serve atop the soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"