Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pine Nuts
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 425.
- cut the bottoms off the Brussels sprouts and trim any damaged leaves. Cut in half.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl. Mix to combine. Add Brussels sprouts and mix until coated.
- Put in a roasting pan in the oven for 45 minutes, stiring once after about 25 minutes, until brown and caramelized.
I never knew Brussels sprouts could be so good. I too had to reduce the roasting time to about 25 minutes. I was worried about the pine nuts getting a little bit too cooked if they were in there all that time, so I froze them beforehand. This made both the Brussels sprouts and the pine nuts come out just perfectly caramelized for my tastes. Thanks so much for such a delicious recipe!
Great ingredients but I fear the cooking time is way off. If the pine nuts were in the oven for 45 minutes at 425 with the Brussels sprouts, they'd get burnt. I think I halved the cooking time for the sprouts, and I added the pine nuts right at the end, and they were still verging on overdone. (The balsamic vinegar also requires caution, it was getting too done also...) Having said this, the flavours are really nice and I'll make this again, but I'll toast the pine nuts separately and toss them on at the end. Thanks for the recipe. P.S. Maybe it was my oven, who knows; anyways I didn't like the look of only 3 stars for something so tasty so I changed it (though if your oven is like mine, be careful with the pine nuts...)