Roasted Asparagus With Onions
From Cooking Light, 1995.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1 large purple onion, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Arrange asparagus and onion separately on 2 baling sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. 12-15 minutes for the asparagus and 15-18 minutes for the onion until lightly browned, stirring twice.
- Combine the vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously.
- Arrange asparagus and onions on a platter.
- Pour mixture over and serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Roasted asparagus and roasted onions are always a winning combination, but this balsamic orange drizzle puts them over the top! I used a sweet onion inplace of a purple onion, but otherwise, I made this as written and loved it. I may try to roast the veggies IN the sauce next time to get a more glaze effect. Thanx for posting.Reply