Rinones Espanol ( Spanish Style Kidneys)
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 4 lambs kidneys
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 5 fluid ounces single cream
- grind black pepper
- Cut kidney lenghtways and remove as much of the white tubes as possible, chop into 1" cubes and soak in cold water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetable for the dish.
- Sit back and relax. The cooking begins when the kidneys have finished soaking.
- Drain the kineys. Heat the oil in a pan, and, melt the butter in the oil.
- Fry the onions and garlic till just turning golden. Add the vegetables and kidneys. Fry for 5 minutes Add the brandy and tip the pan to the flame (flambe). When the flames have died out, pour in the sherry and cream.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to minimum and cook for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning for salt and add a grind of black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY