Restaurant "x" Secret Blue Cheese Dressing
photo by pamela t.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups blue cheese, crumbled (I prefer maytag)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- On very low heat, cook garlic in butter, until soft and fragrant.
- Add 1/2 of the blue cheese and melt.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine with remaining ingredients, including the 2nd half of the blue cheese in a large bowl and whisk.
- Chill and serve. Magical!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Well, I tried it. Disappointed yet again. I have been associated with the restaurant business since the early 70''s and this recipe is another dissappointment. I have been searching for the Bleu Cheese recipe from the old Steak & Ale restaurants. Have not been able to find it. Their Bleu cheese dressing recipe is simply THE best ever that I've had. No comparisons. Someone out there had to have worked at Steak & Ale and knows the recipe. Help, please.