Reduced-Carb Barbecue Sauce
- Ready In:
2 2/3 cup
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- In a saucepan, cook the garlic and onion in the butter for a few minutes.
- Stir in the Splenda, salt, mustard, paprika, chili powder, and pepper. Add in the molasses, water, vinegar, Worcestersire sauce, and horseradish, and stir to combine. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the tomato paste and Liquid Smoke, and let the sauce simmer another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, transfer it to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!