Red Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by cocosmommie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces red food coloring
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil (Crisco)
- 2 1⁄2 cups gold medal Wondra Flour (quick mixing flour)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (set aside)
Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients
- 16 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Set baking soda aside, then mix flour, sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl.
- Take the large bowl with wet ingredients and add dry ingredients, mixing a little at a time until mixed well.
- Add baking soda and continue mixing until mixed well.
- Pour mix into 2 buttered/floured glass, 8” x 8” pans.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Let cool….
- Mix confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and butter in a medium bowl, until smooth.
- Add chopped walnuts if desired, mix well.
- Frost and decorate cake as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!