photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1⁄8 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup couscous, grande
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup beet juice (or any other vibrantly-colored vegetable juice easily found at your grocery store if you don't have)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- Saute the onion in olive oil until it begins to soften, about two minutes; add the couscous, apple juice, beet juice and seasonings; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cover the pot; steam for about 30-35 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is a bright red.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent flavor! I did not use the cinnamon because I used sweet pickled beet juice that I had on hand with the pickled beets which has cinnamon in it.I used vadalia sweet onions,diced very small.I used the sea salt and white pepper. This is an excellent dish to serve with fish.Thanks for posting. I will make again and again.