Red Wine Couscous
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine garlic and olive oil in small saucepan with tight-fitting lid. Add red pepper flakes if desired. Cook briefly over medium heat, until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add couscous to pan. Saute over medium heat until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add capers, red wine, and water. Season with salt and pepper to paste.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 4-5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!