Raspberry Dream Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 23mins
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 drop lemon juice
- 5 1⁄3 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves (I used seedless)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 drop raspberry extract (I used a bit more)
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine flour and salt and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into three portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter with crimped edges.
- Place an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread raspberry jam on one cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Continue until all are sandwiches.
- Combine icing ingredients until a drizzling consistency is achieved. Drizzle over cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I am a transplanted NYer living in SoCal since 1983. I have really begun to miss weather and seasons. I have been a special education teacher for 27 years. I have 2 sons, ages 14 and 15 so food is a priority in our house. We have 2 cats and an extremely energetic 7 month old boxer/pit bull mix. I love to read. I have really begun to love to cook and have gotten pretty good. I enjoy this site so much and actually miss browsing when I don't have the time. My boys are both great athletes, so sports are big in our house. I am a die-hard Yankee fan as well as a fanatic Steelers fan."
Join The Conversation
Made these for my other half to share during one of the weekly meetings he attends & they were apparently gone in no time at all! Raves & requests for copies of the recipe came back to me, so I'll be making these again, for sure! Loved the raspberry flavor, & I WAS generous with the extract! Thank you for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]