Ramos Gin Fizz
From the November 1988 issue of Cook's magazine. I used to drink these in Berkeley, back in the day!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange flower water
- 2 ounces heavy cream (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ounces gin (1/4 cup)
- crushed ice
- 2 ounces club soda (1/4 cup)
- Reserve a 1/4-inch-by-2-inch strip of lemon zest for garnish.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice into a shaker.
- Add the egg white, orange flower water, cream, sugar, gin, and crushed ice. Shake the mixture until foamy and smooth, about five minutes. Alternatively, mix in a blender set on high speed for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Strain into an 8-ounce highball glass.
- Add club soda, garnish with a lemon twist, and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My DH and I did a Ramos Gin Fizz comparison and this one came out tops. Though not quite as good as the one's I drank in the late 70's at Harry's New York Bar in Grill in Newport Beach it was still pretty tasty and refreshing [or could illegal underage drinking have made them taste better ???? ; ) ] Made for ZWT 9 by one of the Appliance Killers.Reply
I'm so sorry Mersaydees. I really thought I would like this drink. Cause I love orange blossom water. But the general taste was not the best for me. Even if I added more club soda. Usually I don't like when I can taste gin but in this one I can't detect the taste of gin. I used half and half cream. Thanks Mersaydees. Made for 123 hit wondersReply
see 2 more