Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
- Ready In:
1 7-layer cake
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 quart pistachio ice cream, softened
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- pistachios, to garnish
- chocolate sprinkles, to garnish
- Line an 8-inch cakepan with wax paper, and quickly spread half the strawberry ice cream evenly in pan; cover with more wax paper or plastic wrap, and quickly spread with ahlf of pistachio ice cream.
- repeat process with remaining ice creams. Freeze until smooth.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Spoon batter into 3 well greased and floured 8-inch cakepans.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Gently fold rum into whipped topping, if desired, chill.
- Place serving plate in freezer to chill.
- Place 1 cake layer on chilled serving plate; top with a layer of strawberry ice cream and layer of pistachio ice cream; repeat layers, and then top with remaining layer of cake.
- Frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping.
- garnish, if desired.
- Serve, right away.
- Cover and freeze any left over ice cream cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!