"Fried" Cauliflower Rice
photo by Jessica A.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken thighs, diced (or beef, tofu, etc. Your choice)
- 12 prawns, uncooked, cleaned and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (add more if you like)
- 2 cups cauliflower, riced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (add or subtract to amount as you like)
- Have all ingredients chopped, shredded, riced, etc. prior to beginning the cooking process. Ricing cauliflower is easy peasy. Just cut up a head of cauliflower and put it in a food processor. Pulse until it resembles grains of rice. OR.buy it pre-riced. I find it at Trader Joes.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it on the stove. Medium high to medium heat depending on your equipment.
- Crack eggs into the skillet and immediately scramble them up using a spatula. When eggs are completely scrambled and cooked, transfer to a serving bowl.
- In the same skillet, respray with cooking spray and add the chicken thighs. Cook until done. Transfer to serving bowl, right on top of the egg.
- In same skillet, respray with cooking spray and add the shrimp. Cook until it turns pink. Be careful of overcooking! Transfer to serving bowl on top of chicken.
- In the same skillet, add oil and heat up over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and garlic. Saute until onion is almost translucent. Add the cauliflower and saute until done--can take up to five minutes. Use the spatula to continually move the veggies around the pan to ensure even cooking.
- When cauliflower is nicely browned, add the egg, meat and shrimp back into the pan.
- Add the soy sauce and peas. Cook until peas are heated up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!