Quinoa Salad With Chickpeas and Avocado
photo by Erime
- Ready In:
- 1 cup white quinoa (Country Life)
- 1 (11 ounce) can chickpeas (Bonduelle Vapeur)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pieces green onions
- 7 ounces feta (Balsyr Zirovnicky)
- 2 avocados
- 15 leaves fresh basil
- Soak the quinoa in enough cold water, stir and let it soak for 15 minutes. Strain and rinse it under cold water. Put the quinoa in a small pot and add 300ml (1.5 cup) of cold water. Bring to boil and cook over very low flame for 15 minutes. It should just simmer. Stir it occasionaly to prevent the content from sticking to the pot and burning. All the water will eventualy absorb/evaporate. When it’s done, fluff it with a fork, put it in a large bowl and let it cool down. You can even put it in a fridge for a while.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters. Cut the green onions to thin rings, use only the green stems. Press the garlic or chop it finely.
- Strain the chickpeas and add it into the cold quinoa. Add all ingredients except for the avocado. Crumble in the feta cheese. Stir everything well to combine all the flavors together, and put the salad in a fridge for some time.
- Dice the avocado and add it to the salad right before serving so it doesn’t turn brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!