Quick Pain Au Chocolat
An easy cheater's method for a French type of pastry that makes a great breakfast, or anytime. You know what they say: PAIN IS GOOD!
- Ready In:
- 4 plain croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
For the ganache
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (or could use morsels)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Place chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat cream until it just starts to boil; pour over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and is well blended.
- Let cool until ganache thickens and achieves a spreadable consistency; chill slightly if necessary.
- Spread ganache on bottom halves of croissants; reassemble tops and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were very easy to make, and tastey. I showed a freshman high school girl how to assemble them for her french class. She needed to bring in a french dessert that didn't need refrigeration, and this was easy enough for her to make.She used semi-sweet chocolate chips for the ganache, and the sprinkling of powdered sugar to top. We put the ganache in the freezer for awhile to get it to thicken to spreading consistency. We used the leftover ganache to drizzle over some palmiers that her sister made. Thanks for an easy recipe, that was just what we were looking for.Reply