Mini Pain Au Chocolat
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F and butter a large baking sheet. Cut the chocolate into eighteen 2-by 1/2-inch pieces.
- Carefully unfold pastry sheet and roll out on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin to form a 12-1/2-inch square. Trim edges of pastry with a pizza cutter or sharp knife to form a 12-inch square. Cut pastry into three 4-inch strips. Cut strips crosswise to make eighteen 2- by 4-inch rectangles.
- Working with 1 rectangles at a time, brush top with egg wash and place 1 piece of chocolate 1 inch from short end of rectangle and roll up pastry over chocolate to encase chocolate and form a log. Press edge of pastry to seal, leaving ends of log open, and arrange pastry seam sides down on baking sheet. Brush tops of pastry with some of egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and chocolate in same manner, and freeze pastry on baking sheet until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Now, bake pastries in middle of oven until puffed and golden brown on top, about 10 minutes (don't worry if some chocolate leaks out). Transfer with a metal spatula to wire racks to cool. Dust tops of pastries with confectioners' sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!