Quick Cheesy Oyster Cracker Snacks
photo by jonesies
- Ready In:
- In a sauté pan add Oyster Crackers about 2 or 3 layers deep.
- Turn the flame on low.
- Spray the oil liberally on the surface of the crackers.
- Before the oil soaks in, liberally sprinkle the Cheddar powder and a little salt.
- "Flip"the crackers in the pan and repeat the last step about 3 or 4 times until they are well coated, tasting as you go, until they reach the flavor that you like.
- Caution: Be careful not to spray the oil into the open flame.
- When you reach the intensity of flavor that you like, remove from the flame and let cool or eat them warm-- ENJOY!
- If you like these-- try other flavors of popcorn seasonings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This technique makes a great snack with lower fat that other methods. I have now used this for many flavors, I happened to post the picture of the ranch flavor, but have used many of the popcorn seasonings also. I love any snack that I feel good about giving to my family, and this is one of them! Thanks for submitting this awesome pan flip method!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello Zaarists I am a Quality Assurance Mgr. and recently "celebrated" the fact that a half century of my life is shot to hell. Many years ago I worked as a catering cook (200 rubber chickens) and, for a short time, as a second Chef in a restaurant. I HATED cooking for a living, but love it as a hobby. I also like music (I play piano and a little guitar), woodworking, fishing, and playing around with electronic gadgets and computers.