Quick and Easy Deep Dish Pizza With Pita Crust
photo by manderson
- Ready In:
- 1 large pita bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, coursely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sized can mushroom, drained (or use fresh)
- 1 (12 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 -20 slices pepperoni, sliced
- 2 teaspoons oregano (optional)
- Melt butter and combine with olive oil and pour into the bottom of a deep dish pan.
- Place pita in the bottom of the pan. The pita should cover the bottom surface and may curl up the sides a bit.
- Brown sausage in a pan.
- combine chopped onion, green pepper and mushrooms in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 1-1.5 minutes on high or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Layer ingredients on top of pita bread. (Sausage, veggies, black olives, cheese, pepperoni slices.).
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake at 400 until cheese is melted. Approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly so that the cheese can set a bit. Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!