Puttanesca With Shrimp and Pepperoni
photo by Heather N.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 28 ounces plum tomatoes, chopped coursely
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped coursely
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat pepperoni, chopped
- 4 anchovies, minced
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for topping
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Barilla angel hair pasta, cooked and drained (I use Barilla Plus)
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, basil, oregano, olives, capers, anchovies (optional) and pepperoni (optional). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Strain and set aside.
- Add shrimp to sauce and cook on medium-high 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add pasta to sauce and incorporate.
- Top with Parmesan shavings.
- Serve with garlic bread and a caesar salad!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Don't forget to KISS the cook!! :D I love to experiment with food. I love bold flavors. I love to cook and find it especially pleasing when I have someone special to cook for. ? 8726894"