Pumpkin Swirl Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Lots of fun and semi-healthy. Enjoy!!
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix canned pumpkin, oil, and sugar together, either by hand or with a mixer on low. Add in eggs, one at a time, combining thoroughly after each. Add vanilla.
- In a second bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Slowly add flour mixture to liquids, combining thoroughly and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula until well combined.
- In a third bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
- Grease your muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- Drop in spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture. Add smaller spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on top. Swirl with a skewer.
- Bake as follows, turning the tins half way through baking times: mini muffins (20-25 min), standard muffins (25-30 min), jumbo muffins (30-40 min). Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then invert (they should pop right out).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION