Pumpkin Rollout Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pumpkin, canned or fresh
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF In a large mixing bowl, combine with electric mixer the butter, brown sugar and orange zest.
- Add the pumpkin, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour and spices.
- Mix with your hands to create a soft dough.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into two pieces.
- Roll out each piece to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Optional: Decorate with favorite frosting and candies if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!