photo by Kat's Mom
- Ready In:
- Put oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put muffin liners in muffin pan.
- Combine (sift) flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin-pie spice, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk flour mixture into sugar/pumpkin mixture until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in another bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups (each should be about 3/4 full), then sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and wooden toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Cool to warm or room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am in the process of learning how to cook. For the past several years, I haven't really had a need or interest in cooking... it seems like every time I had tried to cook in the past, it was a disaster. I was also a vegetarian for over 10 years, so I have a lingering phobia of cooking poultry and fish (I still don't eat read meat.) Practice makes perfect, so that's why I am here... getting inspiration and sharing recipes.