Pumpkin & Habanero Cheddar Souffles
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 tiny pumpkins (mini-size)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces habanero cheddar cheese (or any hot pepper cheddar cheese)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place uncut pumpkins in large shallow dish and add 1/4 inch of water; cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until tender. Let cool.
- Reheat oven to 375 degrees F. With a paring knife, remove tops from pumpkins. Remove and discard seeds, then scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Place four cups of pumpkin flesh in mixing bowl. Separate eggs, stirring yolks into pumpkin flesh and placing whites in separate bowl. Stir flour and baking powder into pumpkin mixture, then stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whip egg whites into stiff peaks. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon souffle mixture into pumpkin shells. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until puffed and set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Our family moved to Florida from New York in the 90's, so I've brought not only many of the recipes my family has passed down, but have learned to cook some great Southern dishes as well.? When I found RZ, it opened up a whole new world of cooking -- cuisine from different countries, tried-and-true family hand-me-down recipes, and some interesting and delicious dishes I would never have found on my own.