Gooey Provolone Garlic Bread
This is from a little cookbooklet from Sargento Cheeses. This is a very tasty Garlic Bread. And Super easy.
- Ready In:
- 1 Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 slices provolone cheese or 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; place cut side up on baking sheet.
- Combine oil, garlic, oregano and, if desired, pepper flakes in small bowl; mix well. Brush on cut sides of bread. Place under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Arrange cheese slices over bread, cutting to fit if neccessary.
- Return to broiler; broil 1 minute or just until cheese is melted. Cut bread crosswise into 8 pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation