Provencal Seasoning Salt
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt (I use Kosher salt)
- 1⁄4 dried herbes de provence (your own blend or ready made)
- Add salt to a coffee grinder, herb mill or small food processor.
- Process until the granules are of table salt size. ( Time will vary according to which type of appliance you're using. In my little Handy Chopper it takes less than 20 seconds.).
- Pour in the herbes de provence and process until the pieces are small enough to pass through a salt shaker. Again, time will vary.
- Store in a salt shaker or spice container with shaker top.
- Voila! You've made your own special seasoning salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>