Protein Lunch Box
photo by Turner Broadcasting
- Ready In:
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola mayonnaise or 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 small pickle, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 cups plain 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 16 medium strawberries
- For the egg salad: Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Cover and leave the eggs in the hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and place in an ice bath for 5 minutes, then peel the shells.
- Dice the eggs and combine with the mayonnaise, shallots, dill and pickles in a bowl. Season the egg salad with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the pitas in half and line each interior with a romaine leaf. Divide the egg salad among the pita halves. Be gentle with the pitas as they break easily.
- For the lunch box: Lay out four lunch containers. Divide the yogurt into 4 portions and sprinkle each with chia seeds on top. Place a yogurt portion, 1 pita half and 4 strawberries into each lunchbox.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Turner is a Time Warner Company.