Paleo Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
photo by Turner Broadcasting
- Ready In:
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (about a 1-inch piece)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 whole small dried chilies or 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons smooth cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted whole cashews
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until bright green and tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the canola and sesame oils in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions, ginger, garlic and chiles and saute until the onions are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cashew butter and tamari and pour into the skillet, stirring to remove any lumps. Add the chicken back in the pan, stir in the broccoli and cashews, and stir to heat through and completely coat with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Turner is a Time Warner Company.