- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 (32 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 packages cheese, filled tortellini precooked
- salt and pepper
- 1.Brown and drain sausage.
- 2.In a large soup pot combine the chicken broth/stock the un-drained tomatoes, potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, cabbage and Italian seasoning. Add drained sausage. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 3.Stir in the beans, corn, zucchini and tortellini; simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4.Serve with garlic bread and grated Mozzarella cheese. Enjoy like a princess or prince!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!