photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- Mix the milk and sugar (equal parts of cream and sugar if you are adding to recipe).
- Boil until thermometer reaches 210F and add butter and vanilla.
- When temperature reaches soft ball stage add 1-1/2 cups pecans.
- When temperature reaches 2 degrees higher than soft ball stage, turn heat off and whip until it feels heavy.
- Spoon on buttered platter by spoonfuls.
- Allow to cool.
- NOTE: If doubling recipe, cook 2 degrees higher.
- Soft ball stage is 235 degrees F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!