Potato & Parsley Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb mealy potato
- 1 lb onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup dried conchiglie
- 5⁄8 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- white pepper
- 5⁄8 cup olive oil
- To make the pesto sauce put the last 7 ingredients in a food processor for 2 mintues.
- Finely chop the bacon, potatoes, and onions.
- Fry the bacon in a large pan for 4 minutes.
- Add the butter, potatoes, and onions and cook for 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock and milk to the pan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the conchigliette and simmer for 12-14 minutes.
- Blend in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and 2 tablespoon pesto sauce.
- Transfer the soup to serving bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh garlic bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!