Potato Bread for Bread Machine
photo by DeeBee
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 40mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened or melted)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Put into your machine as your directions suggest.
- I usually put water, butter, salt and sugar in first.
- Then I add the flour, dry milk powder and potato flakes.
- I make a little well on top and add the yeast to that.
- Set the machine for 2lb loaf. medium crust and let it do it's thing.
- Please let bread cool completely before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hmm... let's see.. Cooking is my passion... I'm retired now and able to cook and bake every day. I think the most helpful cookbook that I own would have to be The New Doubleday Cookbook. I just love kitchen gadgets and have many of them. Besides cooking I love to sing and belong to the Sweet Adeline's International. I get very annoyed at people who are LATE! I think it's just as easy to be late as it is to be on time. Well.. thanks to all of you at Zaar for all of your terrific recipes and ideas that bring my friends and family much joy and happiness. They get to try all of my new recipes.