Potato and Sweet Onion Soup
- Ready In:
- 4 cups diced sweet onions, about 2 med-large onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, as needed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup fat-free half-and-half, depends how thin you prefer the soup
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions and rosemary in the butter over low-med heat until soft. Do NOT allow them to brown.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, white pepper, and diced potatoes. Bring to a soft boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low-med heat for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are very soft.
- Use a hand blender, or regular blender and puree until there are almost noe chunks left. I like a little chunks for texture.
- Return to low heat and stir in the FF half and half until you're pleased with the thickness.
- Serve and garnish with the fresh parmesan cheese and the chopped chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!