photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 6 thin pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- black pepper
- Wrap each pork chop in a strip of prosciutto and press flat until the prosciutto sticks. Generously grind pepper on both sides of the prosciutto wrapped pork chop.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat; add the pork chops. Cook for 2 minutes (or more, depending upon thickness) on each side and remove to a plate. The prosciutto should be golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Pour the vermouth into the skillet used to cook the pork chops, scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan and let the vermouth reduce to about 1/2 the original amount. Add the chicken stock, sage, garlic, and juice from the lemon, along with a few grinds of pepper. Let the sauce reduce to half then add the last tablespoon of butter , add the pork chops till coated in sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!