Poorman's Breakfast Skillet
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- Melt shortening in a 8 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When shortening is hot but not smoking, add potatoes and onions ( if using )sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook potatoes until slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, add meat and turn mixture over.
- Cover with lid and cook about 10 more minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until potatoes are almost browned.
- Push potatoes mixture to one side, and add eggs.
- Scramble eggs until desired doneness is reached.
- Just before eggs are cooked, push potato mixture into the eggs, and finish cooking eggs.
- Eat and ENJOY :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!