Ponzu Chicken With Japanese Coleslaw
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and excess fat removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 tablespoons ponzu sauce, dressing or 10 tablespoons marinade
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, Japanese
- Marinate chicken in 6 tablespoons of Ponzu dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours. Remove from fridge half an hour before cooking.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, mirin, orange juice and rice vinegar in a large bowl and toss through cabbage, carrot and onion. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Drain the marinade from the chicken.
- Add the remaining two tablespoons of oil to the wok or frypan and cook the chicken pieces, turning occaisionally so the meat browns. When the chicken is nearly cooked stir through the remaining Ponzu sauce and reduce heat, simmering for one minute.
- Arrange a pile of coleslaw on the side of four plates, spooning the chicken and sauce beside each.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Contented folk from a small city who love each other more than the food they eat - but love tempting each other with different finds from food sites/magazines/stories and the like.</p> 8726073"