Pollo Maria (Zia's on the Hill, St. Louis, Mo)
- Ready In:
4 chicken breasts
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sweet Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry rubbed sage
- 1⁄3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped coarsely
- 8 small broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Marinate chicken in salad dressing for at least one hour at room temperature. Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat chicken in seasoned bread crumbs. Arrange chicken in a baking dish;bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan,melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 3 to 4 minutes to make a roux. Set aside.
- In another pan,dissolve chicken base in 2 cups water.
- Stir in cream, pepper, and sage. Bring to a boil and add roux. Stir constantly until mixture returns to a boil and begins to thicken.
- Stir in 1/3 cup provel and remove from heat.
- Coat the bottom of a medium baking dish with sauce; arrange cooked chicken on top of sauce.
- Top chicken with bacon,broccoli,and tomato. Pour remaining sauce over all.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and remaining provel cheese to cover.
- Return to oven and broil on high until cheese begins to melt and slightly brown, about 3 minutes. BUON APPETITO!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!