Polish Easter Bread - Bobka
photo by jen-mn
- Ready In:
- Measure 2 cups flour onto piece of waxed paper.
- Combine other 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and cinnamon in mixing bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter and add lukewarm milk.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and beat at low speed, scraping sides of bowl, 2 minutes.
- Add 4 egg yolks and 1 more cup of flour.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes or until think and elastic.
- Gradually stir in last cup of flour with wooden spoon, making a soft dough.
- Cover and let rise until double.
- Stir in raisins and lemon rind.
- Put in a well greased 3 quart fluted tube pan or heavy Bundt pan.
- Beat 5th egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water and brush top of dough with this mix.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top and let rise for one hour uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool on rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, very tasty! I followed the recipe very closely, just found that I need about 1 cup more flour...maybe because I mixed by hand, not by mixer. It didn't look like it was going to work; it didn't rise like a typical white loaf; I suppose because it is denser. But it finished up nicely in the oven and is very tasty! I used standard loaf pans for two small to moderate size loaves. A definite keeper! Edited to say on Easter, my daughter had "paska" bread (easter bread) at her Slovak grandmother's house and her Polish boyfriend's house--and she rated the one I made from this recipe as the BEST one she had all day. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Wine%20Labels/nancycropped.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br />http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/207616/Zaar%20Girls.jpg <br /> I've made some of my closest friends because of cooking and food, including Zaar member - NCMysteryshopper - who, I am proud to say, has asked me to do the honor of being her taste-tester for many a new cocktail she has posted. <br /> Here's to food, drink, friends and being merry! <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/cookbook.php?bookid=220958> <br /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG alt= /></a></p>