Polenta With Roasted Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease a large baking sheet with a little of the olive oil.
- Place tomatoes in pan cut side down and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until they start to char and shrivel (no need to turn over), 40-50min. Let cool on the pan a bit.
- For the Polenta: Boil the milk and water together.
- Whisk in the cornmeal and salt. Turn down the heat and stir constantly until the polenta is suspended in the water and no longer settles to the bottom of the pot. It's done in about 15 minutes (still stirring often), but is supposedly even better if you cook it for about an hour - I wouldn't know, I'm always too impatient :).
- Take of the stove and stir in the butter or olive oil and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Place a mound of polenta in the center of each plate. Top with goat cheese, roasted tomato, basil and pine nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is top notch! It turned out pretty and yummy. I cut the recipe in half, increased the liquid to the polenta standard of two to one and stirred the goat cheese into the hot polenta. I use the roasted tomatoes, basil and pine nuts as toping. Thanks for the great post, I am planning on making this next time our friends come over. :)