Pizza Biscuit Wreath
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers recommended
- 60 small slice pepperoni
- 5 sticks colby-monterey jack cheese, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; keep second can refrigerated. Press each biscuit into 3-inch round.
- Place 3 pepperoni slices and 1 piece of cheese on each dough round. Wrap dough around filling, pinching edges to seal and form ball. Repeat with remaining can of dough, pepperoni and cheese.
- Leaving a 4-inch hole in center, arrange 8 balls, seam side down and sides almost touching, into ring on cookie sheet. Arrange remaining 12 balls, sides almost touching, around outer edge of first ring. Brush rings with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave pizza sauce, loosely covered, on High 45 to 60 seconds or until warm.
- Carefully slide wreath from cookie sheet onto serving platter. Place bowl of pizza sauce in center of wreath. Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am completely in flux right now. I am hoping to move to NY and pursue a career in medicine. I am a pianist and a teacher, and love to cook and experiment with different things. My boyfriend is an opera singer in Brooklyn, and I hope to join him up there, and learn a lot more about international cuisine than I do in Texas! I haven't used too many cookbooks since I became addicted to 'Zaar. I find way too many interesting things on here to try, and it's great to have the reviews already there, too, to give some other ideas of additions or changes. I have also become a big fan of making my own spice rubs and sauces. I generally pull out 10 or 12 things from my cabinet, start smelling them, and then dumping them in as I feel the urge. I don't really have a favorite dish to cook, though one of my new personal favorites is my Strawberry Pork Tenderloin. I just love when I get to be in the kitchen all day. I have an iPod shuffle that I clip to my apron, and I frequently sing and dance in the kitchen while I cook! There is a restaurant in Houston called Raffa's, and they are absolutely fab. They make a pork dish with fresh rosemary and a raspberry sauce that was largely inspiration for the Strawberry Pork Tenderloin I love to make. Other than that, I love Chinese take-out in any form, and just found tons of new restaurants in New York that I totally love. The more I read of people on this site, the bolder I get at trying my own things in the kitchen. I used to be a "recipe only" gal, and followed them to the letter, but am finding it can be much more fun to create your own. The worst that can happen is you make the occasional flop, right? <a href='http://www.niftymaps.com/visitor-map.php?id=108814'><img src='http://i.niftymaps.com/108814.png' alt='Click to zoom in on my visitor map!' border='0'></a>Create your free world <a href='http://www.niftymaps.com/' target='_blank'>visitor maps</a> <img src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag"> <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> <IMG src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/zaarironchef-participantbanner-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src ="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg">