Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings
photo by Denise B.
- Ready In:
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup butter, salted (2 sticks, plus 1 tbsp. to butter pan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"